My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Right now I`m taking a year off from high school. For the past 2 and a half years, I`ve been working towards my grade 10 piano exam with the Royal Conservatory, and I finished in January, with a mark of 83%. Now I want to travel and volunteer, particularily in France because I love the country and I don`t want to lose my French after having gone through 12 years of French immersion. Until I leave for my trip, my days consist of going to work (I work in a restaurant), playing the piano for fun, planning my trip, walking the dog, going to yoga, and going out with friends.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

On to Chateau Monfreville

This morning I packed my bags, said goodbye to my familym and got a cab to the train station. I took a 2 hour train ride to Monfreville, Normandy, and made it to the Chateau Monfreville in time for lunch. June and David are a really nice British couple that have had the Chateau for about 17 years. They've been permanently living here since 2000, and started having WWOOFers that same year.
We ate lunch outside and it was delicious-- we started with foie gras with toasted bread and greens, then had lasagna with salad, and finished with a fruit crumble with loads of creme fraiche. After lunch, I did a little exploring around the property. I thought the Chateay de Sacy and its grounjds were big-- this place is at least 3 times as big. There are multiple fruit and veggie gardens, a few greenhouses, a massive front yard with trees, bushes, and a long gravel driveway. They also have 2 guest houses, a natural swimming pond, a regular pond, a barn with chicken and ducks, and a big field with sheep. The chateau is huge, and clean too! I'm at the very top floor-- 51 steps-- with my own bedroom and connecting bathroom (which is the top room in the tower). The views from my 2 bedroom windows are amazing, and the window in my bathroom looks out over part of the front garden. I've already found my favourite spot in my room: one of the windows has a window seat, and looks out over the grazing sheep and the neverending countryside.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like more of what you were expecting when it comes to homes that you are staying at. I wonder... is it rainy and moist (refreshing as apposed to damp) there?

1:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy adventures Juje. I'm a little jealous! I didn't know that your family was going to be in France... lucky you. Anways, this place sounds like it'll be alot better than the first farm.

12:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home