My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Right now I`m taking a year off from high school. For the past 2 and a half years, I`ve been working towards my grade 10 piano exam with the Royal Conservatory, and I finished in January, with a mark of 83%. Now I want to travel and volunteer, particularily in France because I love the country and I don`t want to lose my French after having gone through 12 years of French immersion. Until I leave for my trip, my days consist of going to work (I work in a restaurant), playing the piano for fun, planning my trip, walking the dog, going to yoga, and going out with friends.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Last day in Paris

Even though this was my last day in Paris, I took it pretty easy, and I really didn't see much. We all slept in, I went to the internet cafe to check my email, and after lunch, we did a self-guided tour around Le Marais, an area in Paris near the Bastille monument. We looked around at a market and some shops, passed by the Picasso museum (which I had no interest in seeing), and visited the Place des Vosges, Paris' oldest square. It was built by Henri IV in the early 1600s. Surrounded by identical brick buildings, it was a favourite spot for duels. On our way back to the apartment, we stopped by the Moulin Rouge and took some pics, and I did a little more last-minute shopping with my sister. Today I spent a good 110€...but hey, who knows when I'll be back in Paris again?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lucky French speaking ducky you are that you can shop and see everything there the way you are. I hope that you are taking lots of pictures of the churches and such. What kind of things are you purchasing on your adventure...? Have you met any male "acquaintances"? Are you fully experiencing the French culture and everything that only a male "acquaintance" can offer a young, attractive, "longing for enlightenment" lady like yourself?

1:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home