My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Right now I`m taking a year off from high school. For the past 2 and a half years, I`ve been working towards my grade 10 piano exam with the Royal Conservatory, and I finished in January, with a mark of 83%. Now I want to travel and volunteer, particularily in France because I love the country and I don`t want to lose my French after having gone through 12 years of French immersion. Until I leave for my trip, my days consist of going to work (I work in a restaurant), playing the piano for fun, planning my trip, walking the dog, going to yoga, and going out with friends.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Exploring around town

Today we finished planting the potatoes. It was hard work, but kindof fun. We also spent a few hours weeding, which, if you get in the right spot where you can kneel comfortably and the sun is shining, it's quite relaxing. It got to around 20 degrees today, and the sun was bright, there were a ton of birds singing, the tlips were in bloom, and it felt great to be outside all day. We ate lunch outside again today in the front courtyard, and ate sliced potatoes in a vinaigrette, fresh bread and Camambert cheese, wine, and salad. I forgot to mention earlier that every morning at 9 o'clock, there is a long bread bag with plastic handles that we hang outside the front gate. the baker comes around in a truck and drops a fresh baguette in the bag. the nearest bakery is a fez km away, so this is the best way to get fresh bread everyday.
Before supper today, the Australians and I walked through Sacy-le-petit (the town we're staying in), and there were mostly just houses. "Downtown" consists of a deli, a phone booth, and a bus stop. The bus stop has one bus which co,es twice a day: once at 7am, and again at 7pm. We continued on to the nearest town, Grandfresnoy, which is 2 km away. We looked around at the houses, the general store and the bakery, and bought some delicious pastries for super cheap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home