My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Right now I`m taking a year off from high school. For the past 2 and a half years, I`ve been working towards my grade 10 piano exam with the Royal Conservatory, and I finished in January, with a mark of 83%. Now I want to travel and volunteer, particularily in France because I love the country and I don`t want to lose my French after having gone through 12 years of French immersion. Until I leave for my trip, my days consist of going to work (I work in a restaurant), playing the piano for fun, planning my trip, walking the dog, going to yoga, and going out with friends.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Slight Change of Plans



Yesterday I got an e-mail from another host I had contacted about WWOOFing on her property in Monfreville, Normandy. I had a look at her website (chateaumonfreville.com), and it sounded and looked absolutely wonderful, and I really wanted to go. She had been away in South Africa so she didn't receive my e-mail until the other day, and she wanted me to work on her property. The only way I would be able to go was if I shortened my stay in Laval, Mayenne. I looked at where Monfreville is on a map. It's a really small town in the district of Calvados in Normandy-- right on the way from the Chateau de Sacy to Laval. I began to list the negatives and the positives if I were to WWOOF at the Château Monfreville. Positives: It's such a nice place, and would be such a pleasure to work at. It's right on the way to Laval, and I could go there for two weeks after working at the Châteaude Sacy and before going to Laval. Staying at 2 places for 2 weeks each rather than at one place for 4 weeks would be better in case I really dislike the one place. Negatives: I have to buy another train ticket, and go through yet another long train ride and all it's transfers in Paris. I would have to change plans with the host in Laval, and they might not be too happy. I decided that because I'm only going to do this once, the expense of another train ticket and the stress of another long train ride would be worth the experience. As for the host in Laval, I e-mailed her asking if it would be all right if I changed the date and length of time. She answered me saying that it would be alright. So here I am, staying at 4 different places spread out accross all of France withing a 2 month time period, and having to figure out and pay for 5 different train scheduels. I really hope I made the right decision and it's worth it when I get there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JuJu. It's Madison here. Your Blog link has been bookmarked ;) i'll be sure to read up on it as much as i can. I hope you have a wonderful trip and experience France the way you want to. So good luck with all those train transfers!! Ciao!

ps. TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!

12:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you there yet?Are you there yet?Areyouthereyet??

Anyways... miss you already! :D Hope you had fun with Kat on Sunday night, I told Karsten to call you. And I hope your travels are going well, Jet-lag's a bitch!

Suzey <3

3:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home