My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Right now I`m taking a year off from high school. For the past 2 and a half years, I`ve been working towards my grade 10 piano exam with the Royal Conservatory, and I finished in January, with a mark of 83%. Now I want to travel and volunteer, particularily in France because I love the country and I don`t want to lose my French after having gone through 12 years of French immersion. Until I leave for my trip, my days consist of going to work (I work in a restaurant), playing the piano for fun, planning my trip, walking the dog, going to yoga, and going out with friends.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A day at the Chateau de Sacy

Yesterday after working for our 4 hours, we explored the 3 nearest town, walking in a 9 km loop. We were exhausted when we got back, but we had a chance to see what was around, and we managed to find some good food too. I biked to get milk again as soon as we got back, and at 10:00, right after supper, I went straight to bed.
Today, we did a couple hours of work, and Hermine's secretary, who works in the chateau, dropped us off in Pont Sainte Maxence, the nearest town of a decent size, about 8 or 10km away. We did a little shopping here, and I've spent 2 hours at the internet cafe-- the nearest one to Sacy-le-petit. I've been writing about every day in a journal, and whenever I get the the internet cafe, I'll transfer it onto the blog. I probably won't be here much though because we have to walk so far to get here. Hermine doesn't have a car, Effie can't ride a bike, and unless we wanted to be here from 7am to 7pm, we can really only take a bus one way. Until May 11th when I go to Normandy, my blogs will be coming in bulk, maybe only once or twice more. Hopefully the host in Normandy will have a computer I can use, or be slightly closer to an internet cafe. In the meantime, I'll be busy planting, weeding, and eating good bread. I forgot my camera at the house, so I'll post pics as soon as I can.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sounds like your time there is a little mixed. The experiences you ave having there seem to be accurate as to what you were expecting before you left... or are they..? How did you know how to fix a fountain?? you are one amazing girl so i am sure you know how to handle this first place. I bet there is not much of a night life out there, however it still has french hotties right?

3:41 p.m.  
Blogger Julie said...

The work and the gardening is what I expected, but the inside of the house and the owner aren't. There is no nightlife whatsoever...the only shop in the town is a bakery!! Surprisingly though, there are a lot of teenage guys, and there's a soccer field right across the street where they play a lot. All I can say is, I have a good view.

9:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home