My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Right now I`m taking a year off from high school. For the past 2 and a half years, I`ve been working towards my grade 10 piano exam with the Royal Conservatory, and I finished in January, with a mark of 83%. Now I want to travel and volunteer, particularily in France because I love the country and I don`t want to lose my French after having gone through 12 years of French immersion. Until I leave for my trip, my days consist of going to work (I work in a restaurant), playing the piano for fun, planning my trip, walking the dog, going to yoga, and going out with friends.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Pics of the outside of Sacy

Here are some pics of the outside of the house and the gardens. I didn't include everything because the pics take FOREVER to load, but this will give you an idea of what it's like. Sorry about the order, it's pretty random.



This is one of my bedroom windows, on the right end of the house.














This is a meadow behind the house and to the left. Beyond the hedges is a garden.















This is a really pretty gate on the far left wall that leads to an open field.












This is the "kitchen garden" where we planted potatoes, carrots and zuchini. Raspberries, strawberries, spinach and leeks are already growing here. It's not the greatest pic of the garden, but the light on the canola field beyond the wall is gorgeous.




















This is another shot of the kitchen garden, with the back of the barn at the end.
















On the left is the barn, on the right is the meadow and the compost. If you follow the path all the way to the end, you will end up in front of the pretty gate I took a picture of, and the kitchen garden on the left.









This is a shot taken from the courtyard of the front of the barn. hermine doesn't have any animals, but she stores most of the tools in here. There's also a ping pong table, but it's been so cold out we haven't played yet.












This is at the front end of the property against the wall-- it used to be an outhouse.












Here's a shot of the front of the chateau taken just inside the gates. The entire property is surrounded by 10-foot stone walls.











On the far left is the back of the house, and in the middle is the dovecote (although there aren't any birds in there because the stray cats ate them all. Hermine doesn't want to get anymore birds because of the bird flu). On the right is a little bit of the barn, and in the bottom left-hand corner is a bit of the concrete structure that is divided into sections: one for the compost, and others for lettuce and other greens.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh julie... i think the next pic you put up should be of the boys playing soccer!!! come on now share the wealth!
neways, even if the host sucks just remember y u went and try to have a good time!

12:20 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Doll!! I haven't been at a comp for two weeks, so I had a but of catching up to do on your blogs. I'm sorry to hear that your host is a bitch, maybe next time you have a run in, you could remind her that you're a volunteer, and that you don't have to be there? Hahaha.

1:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Incase you care, I'm moving home for good (for the summer)this evening. I just got back to Red Deer from nationals, where we came in a dissapointing 18th (out of 72, so I guess that's not toooooo bad, but we still should have done better). Can't wait 'till you get home!
Suzey <3

1:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, I found it interesting to read of your experiences. You're having a wonderful opportunity to see how other people of different cultures live, and what is important to them. Just now, May 14, we are having extended heavy rains in New Hampshire, with threat of flooding very possible. Enjoy the rest of your experience. Love, Aunt Elise

1:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home