My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Right now I`m taking a year off from high school. For the past 2 and a half years, I`ve been working towards my grade 10 piano exam with the Royal Conservatory, and I finished in January, with a mark of 83%. Now I want to travel and volunteer, particularily in France because I love the country and I don`t want to lose my French after having gone through 12 years of French immersion. Until I leave for my trip, my days consist of going to work (I work in a restaurant), playing the piano for fun, planning my trip, walking the dog, going to yoga, and going out with friends.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Day 3 in Paris

Today was a bank holiday-- Liberation day-- so most of the shops were closed again. There is, however, a monument which is open 364 days a year: The Eiffel tower. We went all the way to the top, and it's much higher looking down then it is looking up from the ground. My sister and I wanted to throw something from the top, watch it fall all the way down, and retrieve it once we got back down. We threw the only thing we really had on hand: orange peels. We had a couple test runs, but both were blown out of our field of vision. We had one left. I stuck my arm way all the way through the cage that wraps around the outside, and threw it as hard as I could. It fell for a really long time, and landed on the grass beside a lake on the grounds around the tower.
After that intense excusion on th Eiffel tower, we went to one of the few stores that was open: the Galerie Lafayette. It's a massive department store that opened in the 30s, and is characterized by it's lavish design and giant glass dome. We had an intense shopping experience while we rushes through its 8 floors and hundreds of designer shops. We had to see it all in 2 hours before it closed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home