My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Right now I`m taking a year off from high school. For the past 2 and a half years, I`ve been working towards my grade 10 piano exam with the Royal Conservatory, and I finished in January, with a mark of 83%. Now I want to travel and volunteer, particularily in France because I love the country and I don`t want to lose my French after having gone through 12 years of French immersion. Until I leave for my trip, my days consist of going to work (I work in a restaurant), playing the piano for fun, planning my trip, walking the dog, going to yoga, and going out with friends.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Baking in the sun

Yesterday morning I went with Estelle to the weekly market in Lamastre, a town about 20 minutes away. The town is bigger then Nozières (which has 30 people), but it's still not massive, so I was expecting a market with maybe only 10 or 15 vendors. But the stalls went on and on, and just when I thought I had reached the end, I would turn a corner, and there would be a whole other street of vendors. I spent about an hour and a half walking around the market and exploring the town, and we went back to Nozières for lunch. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the farm, and I picked strawberries and weeded the strawberry patch, baking under the sun. I forgot to bring my hat (just as I had yesterday), and when we left the farm I had a massive headache and felt even more exhausted then I had yesterday. Even after resting for an hour and drinking a litre of water, I still felt like absolute crap, and I began to wonder whether I had a mild case of sunstroke. I looked up on the net the syptoms: exhaustion, headache, extreme thirst, fever...these were the symptoms of a very mild case of sunstroke, which I confirmed I definetely had. I drank a lot more water, went to bed early with a cold wash-cloth on my forehead, and slept for 10 hours. I felt much better this morning despite the fact that I woke up in a cold sweat and I still had a hint of my headache left. Today I remembered to bring my hat and extra water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home